About Me

My photo
I am a junior at the University of South Alabama majoring in Elementary Education. I am also a wife and a mother to my beautiful 4 year old daughter. I am 2 and I live in bay Minette, Alabama. I look forward to being a teacher and I am very ready to graduate.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mrs. Cassidy -
I was not in the class that skyped Mrs. Cassidy, however, I did watch it. I was impressed with the conversation. It made me feel like I grew up in the dinosaur age. When I was that age, I barely knew what a computer was. She has been blogging for 5 years and has had a class web page for 10 years and teaching video cast for 2 years. This says a lot for her. The parents of her students really enjoyed the idea of how much the kids are learning. I am very motivated by this teacher.

Mrs. Kelly Hines -
The one thing that stood out in this video to me was the fact that Mrs. Hines says she chooses her lessons based on goals and objectives, not technology first. I am a firm believer in this pedagogy. Not many teachers work this way. Mrs. Hines is pretty much doing the same things that Mrs. Cassidy is so I don't want to sound redundant. But I am very motivated listening to both teachers and what they are able to do with their students and in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment