About Me

My photo
I am a junior at the University of South Alabama majoring in Elementary Education. I am also a wife and a mother to my beautiful 4 year old daughter. I am 2 and I live in bay Minette, Alabama. I look forward to being a teacher and I am very ready to graduate.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

1st post for Comments for Teachers -

Concerning the salaries of teachers. The base pay for a teacher in Iowa is $48,000. The are number 26 in state rankings. He argues that the assistance from the government should not be involved with the schools. If so they should take words of wisdom from those who have stood on the front lines and actually know a thing or two about teaching and what truly goes on. Not someone who does not have a clue and has never been a teacher before.

I do, however think we need a little assistance from the government, just maybe after they have taken advice from those on the front lines. They are the ones that know what is going on and the ones doing the job. This is a bittersweet situation I guess. However, in Alabama I would be happy to receive that salary as opposed to our teachers now.


2nd post for Comments for Teachers -

This post was about a teacher from Arizona. This is her fifth year teaching and she is teaching computer classes to her students now. She mentions she has many hobbies other than playing on the computer. She enjoys being in the kitchen and hiking, camping and other outdoor activities. This makes me happy because a lot of teachers just sit behind the computer with no daily exercise. We always need exercise.


3rd post for Comments for Teachers -

Yes! I for one do not want to be unfairly graded either. I dont think the test scores should depend on the evaluation of the teacher. Like you mention, give me exactly what will be on the test and let me prepare them to the best of my ability. Then if I do not suceed, we need to change certain styles of teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment