About Me

My photo
I am a junior at the University of South Alabama majoring in Elementary Education. I am also a wife and a mother to my beautiful 4 year old daughter. I am 2 and I live in bay Minette, Alabama. I look forward to being a teacher and I am very ready to graduate.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Assignments for 2.28.10
This Is How We Dream -
I was actually very impressed by this video. I seriously doubt I could do something similar without further training. This is where the problem comes in. Im wlling to bet their are middle school students who already know how to do this. Will we always be behind because of what we have not been taught?

As a future educator you will definitely have to be eager to continue your journey of learning, especially in the technology field. The students we will be teaching will continuously be learning the new and improved trends of technology.

I was way more interested in a video or presentation in this format. I'm sure anyone would be. It keeps your imagination longer. I'm really loving the whole creativity bit. It makes perfect sense, it is all about one being creative and it is "how we dream".


The Networked Student -
I can clearly see where this video is going. It is very innovative to our generation. The students could very well create PLN's for themselves and find out all the necessary information they need for their project. The teacher is always a great resource for many reasons.

I never want to think we do not need teachers because it scares me to think all the hard work I am doing right now in college may not even matter if that is the case. There has to be a way to use media as a plus without crushing the whole concept of school as we use to know it. Teachers are many peoples inspirations. When they touch your life, you never forget them.

The video was very neat, I will agree. But I am not one for subtracting the teachers out of our school experience. Or not so much as taking them completely out, but even the majority of the time is too much. Although, the teachers that hate their jobs, that may turn out to be beneficial to the students.


Michael Wesch -
Wow! This video was long but interesting. It had a lot of great facts. It seems so scary but true as to what we are becoming and how we are changing. I never realized certain things about myself and my social networking until I watched this video. We create the media is right. We talk about what we see from the media. He mentions the "whatever" quotes and how we as a whole distribute the term so lax. We need to change the slogan from " whatever, I don't care what you think" to the future slogan " Let's do whatever it takes, by whatever means necessary".


My Comments for Kids -
This week my student was blogging about how to make a best friend and the process and materials needed. The student was very informative and had a great "how to" format. She mentioned finding someone you can trust and feeling like you can talk to them about your problems at home or school. Also about finding someone you have a lot in common with. Cute post.

No comments:

Post a Comment