About Me

My photo
I am a junior at the University of South Alabama majoring in Elementary Education. I am also a wife and a mother to my beautiful 4 year old daughter. I am 2 and I live in bay Minette, Alabama. I look forward to being a teacher and I am very ready to graduate.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March 28, 2010
"An Open Letter to Educators"
I am majoring in Elementary Education and this is a very interesting piece as we battle this debate on a daily basis. It seems as if our school would already be on board with actually educating the students. We are being “schooled” to tell the truth. Well, not all classes, but most of mine now are just “burp back” classes. It is very true that when you are forced to memorize facts and burp them back, odds are you will forget them. The Educational Media class I am taking now has forced me to try, explore and research new things about new opportunities being offered to us. Yes, I do realize I said forced, because if I had not been obligated to take this course I probably would never had known. However, I am thankful now that I have become a more critical thinker. If I do not know the answer, I will find it for you. It has really opened my eyes to a new way of life. I can only dream that you can change the way we are all educated and the generations to come. I thoroughly enjoyed the post as well as the video. I am very thankful for people like you trying to change the way we teach, therefore changing the way we learn.



PLN midterm -

For my PLN, Ive been following Morgan Bayada and Karl Fisch. I have most enjoyed Morgan Bayada. She is such an inspiration. She is a new teacher in Saskatchewan with Bachelor of Education with a specialization in Early Childhood Education. We have a lot of the same beliefs when it comes to students and teachers and their eager to continue learning.

Educational Technology -
I Believe…(Philosophy) by: Morgan Bayada

♦ I believe that effective use of educational technologies can:

• Help me to stay current and constantly learn within the field of education

• Provide an authentic, international audience for student writing and voice

• Bring experts into the classroom

• Engage students

• Open the door to alternative forms of assessment

• Create a learning environment that goes beyond the four walls of the classroom

• Promote collaboration and inquiry

• Help students become independent, intrinsically motivated, lifelong learners

• Take students from “knowledgeable to knowledge-able” (Michael Wesch)

http://morgbayda.wordpress.com/belief-statements-philosophy/educational-technology/

No comments:

Post a Comment