About Me

My photo
I am a junior at the University of South Alabama majoring in Elementary Education. I am also a wife and a mother to my beautiful 4 year old daughter. I am 2 and I live in bay Minette, Alabama. I look forward to being a teacher and I am very ready to graduate.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

PLN Final Post

I have been following Morgan Bayada for my PLN and here are a few effective teaching skills I have been studying and hoping to incorporate them into my agenda as an educator.

Teaching and Instructing Skills:

♦ Teach all subject areas for grades K – 6 in both distinctive and integrative ways.

♦ Integrate Aboriginal content and perspectives across curricula

♦ Adapt planning, environment and instructional strategies to ensure success of students with varying abilities.

♦ Creatively apply Response to Intervention strategies to help students self-regulate.

♦ Select and develop appropriate tools for authentic assessment (ex. rubrics, video oral assessments, self- and peer-)

♦ Engage and communicate respectfully with students, parents and staff of diverse backgrounds (ex. School Community Council, parent-teacher interview process, meetings with parents and school counselor)

♦ Guide students through the process of inquiry learning for critical thinking (ex. hands-on science inquiry experiments)

♦ Initiate collaborative planning with Division staff, teachers and community: Science and Literacy Night (Greg Taylor, Regina Public), Aboriginal Innovators (Science Centre), Geometric Family Portrait Making (Parents), Story Telling and Drama Club (Community Coordinator), Hip Hop Club, Student Representative Council.

♦ Attend specifically to the personal identity of each child

She is as good as it gets. I have thoroughly enjoyed following her blogs and will continue to do so. Thank you Morgan Bayada for the experience to watch the best at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment