About Me

My photo
I am a junior at the University of South Alabama majoring in Elementary Education. I am also a wife and a mother to my beautiful 4 year old daughter. I am 2 and I live in bay Minette, Alabama. I look forward to being a teacher and I am very ready to graduate.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

April 4, 2010
Kai -

I am so excited for Kai and her blog and her recent experience in the outdoors, even if it was outside of her house. This dedicated parent apparently started this blog as a way for her family to keep up with her life but it turned into so much more. It seems to be opening the eyes to many following her blog. She has a great journey ahead of her with things she learn in life, especially with a dedicated parent standing behind her. It just goes to show you how we can all remain to learn and to teach our students and children to be eager to learn. Don't turn your back on it just because it is "something new". That seems to happen often when people get in a rut and are not open to learn new and improved ways to do things. On another note, I am glad to see she is experiencing the great outdoors and not stuck behind a computer all the time. The best of both worlds is the better option I believe.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Amber,

    I enjoyed reading your post on Kai. I too was excited about Kai's outdoor adventure that she is experiencing. I never would have thought a 3-4 year old would want to experience the outdoors as much as Kai does. She seems to really enjoy it and I'm happy to see her dad get involved also. That creates a special bond between a parent and child that they could cherish for the rest of their lives. Great Post!

    -Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that her father is taking her outside, but I think it's sad that her "great outdoors" is a desert full of garbage. I'm so thankful I live in a beautiful place after reading her blog. There is beauty in everything, but it also depends on taste. Sorry, this was kind of a tangent.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree. I thought it was so awesome how excited she got about just going out side. It really reminds us to not take what we have for granted. It is also great to see a parent bonding with a child and teaching them how to grow and be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed Kai's blog too! I agree that this is a great way for her parents to introduce her to the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Amber! I hope she will learn to love the outdoors. It is very sad that she does not have a beautiful scenery before her, but hopefully this will make her appreciate that even more when she sees it.

    ReplyDelete