About Me

My photo
I am a junior at the University of South Alabama majoring in Elementary Education. I am also a wife and a mother to my beautiful 4 year old daughter. I am 2 and I live in bay Minette, Alabama. I look forward to being a teacher and I am very ready to graduate.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

February 14th assignments: <3
WIRED story- I can say I have used Wikipedia in the past but as I came to college, my professors were not to keen on the site. They have always told me that it was not very trustworthy and factual. I, personally would prefer to not make a fool out of myself by using information that was not factual. The point of research is to find and research facts right? I am not sure at all if the source will ever be fully trusted and recommended. They have a long way to go and factual individuals to stand by and have every post proved to be true. How would you do that to so many comments being posted?

"What I have Learned This Year"
by: Mr. McClung- I love this blog post. It made my heart sing. I am very excited to become a teacher but very scared at the same time. Mr. McClung basically expressed that we all have expectations of our students and to remember who our audience truly is. To understand that we will make plenty of mistakes and it IS okay. To realize we are not perfect and that is okay too. It really gave me a feeling of comfort to hear that because I am always stressing about being "the perfect teacher" and there is no such thing. So I have a new and improved outlook on becoming a new teacher.

To also remember when making out lesson plans that they are not made for the person reading them, but for our students. Also that the plans don't always go as planned. There again, it is okay, after all that is life. I love what he said about our students making mistakes... we are here to pick them up, dust them off and encourage them to try it again. So thank you to Mr. McClung, it was a magical blog. It made me feel much better for my future students.

3 comments:

  1. It's good to realize that no one is perfect. No one will ever be a perfect parent, or a perfect teacher, or even a perfect librarian, or a perfect food service professional. Or anything else anyone ever verntures out to do, and so long as we know that, we can learn to love our work and ourselves, as well as have more compassion for others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed Mr. McClungs' post. I am, as you are, scared but excited! I think teaching is a rewarding occupation! Its ok to be scared, as long as you enjoy what your do! Great post, Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your statement: "The point of research is to find and research facts right?" is why I like Wikipedia. It gives you somewhere to start and then you go out and research whether something is factual or not! That is a great way to look at it.

    ReplyDelete