About Me

My photo
I am a junior at the University of South Alabama majoring in Elementary Education. I am also a wife and a mother to my beautiful 4 year old daughter. I am 2 and I live in bay Minette, Alabama. I look forward to being a teacher and I am very ready to graduate.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Assigments for Feb 21, 2010
Dr. Christie - I hate I have to only pick two things to comment on because I find this website to be very resourceful to me as an individual as well as a future educator. I really like the web design because it allows anyone really, creative or not to become creative and to use their imagination. You can do things you may not have been able to do before computer times.

My favorite part is probably the photography gallery. You are being offered so much with this section because you can have the best of both worlds without even being a professional. You can take your own pictures of whatever you wish and then edit or create new things all with the touch of technology. You would then realize just how good you are or can be with the features offered. The generation now, for most of us, we love to take pictures so this is a great tool.

iTunes U - I love the idea of iTunes U. It is a very innovative way for students to stay in touch with their professors as well as other students. It also helps students catch up on missed assignments or lectures without feeling so lost.

I guess the only problem for me is having my education experience split up between paper classes and web based classes. I guess what I mean is that several teachers are still very old fashioned, and that is fine, but it gets to be a pain and very confusing when things are mixed up. I would personally rather it either or. It helps me stay organized. I would probably prefer the web based way but we have not completely arrived at that point yet.

Duke's use of ipods - WOW!!! From what I have read is that Duke University gives ipods to every freshman upon arrival at the college. Downloaded with the school songs and a student calendar and much needed student information to better the learning experience. To listen to recorded lectures or to watch podcast of lectures or presentations.

I think this is a great idea. Obviously it is working out because they are getting more to continue this style of learning. It helps the students stay on task and caught up. Not to mention, to stay with the times. If we started this everywhere just imagine what our younger generations would already know well before their college days. Im all for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment